Thursday 1 December 2011

Herewith the third installment of BIOs


Another one of our fellow students Glenys James (now Clark):

I left Telopea Park High at the end of 1961.  In 1962 I was accepted into a secretarial course, under a bond to the Public Service, at the Canberra Technical College (now TAFE).

The Public Service had a scheme whereby at the end of eight months you were placed in a department as a stenographer/secretary.  I worked for four years in the Public Service until my resignation from a secretarial position with the Leader of the Opposition in the Senate.
During my marriage I had a number of varied secretarial positions, e.g. Health Insurance, a printing company, Legislative Assembly, Senate Standing Committees and the Canberra College of Advanced Education (now the Canberra University).
I have two children and have resided in Port Macquarie for 26 years.  I am a keen golfer and belong to the Port Macquarie Golf Club where I have held positions on the Club’s Board of Directors and the Ladies Committee.

And our second BIO for this posting is from Graham Howe:

University of NSW Bachelor of Surveying 1968.

Registered Surveyor ACT 1969, NSW 1970.

University of NSW BSc Engineering (mining) 1972.

1967 Married Broken Hill lass whom I met at uni, moved to Broken Hill and a job in the mining industry 1970.

Two children of first marriage the first a boy with intellectual disability resulted in my presidency for 28 years of a Broken Hill Charity for Intellectually disabled people. My daughter is now a paediatrician.

Second marriage to another Broken Hill lass 1977 produced 2 girls the youngest now 30 married and living in England. The elder daughter is a graphic designer in the Central Coast of N.S.W.

In 1991 after 20 years in the Mining Industry parted company and formed a fulltime surveying consultancy in Broken Hill after having moonlighted in Surveying as a sideline to mining. I am now training a young protégé to take over on my retirement hopefully in a few years.

Now heavily involved in the Anglican Church but sadly single again.

More BIOs to be posted, so keep on checking the BLOG. 

1 comment:

  1. I was part of the 'High Road Australia' team that handed over this Christian wilderness-based leadership-training group to the Anglican Youth Dept in '95. We walked across the Blue Mountains for 16 days in torrential rain, rescuing some trapped Dutch tourists on the way.
    Naturally, I was the oldest on the team, led by Steve Melbourne. Wonder what became of HRA. phil.

    ReplyDelete