Wednesday 7 December 2011

DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON THE WORDS "Older Posts" TO SEE EARLIER BIOS!

The BIO today is from Vicki Dreese now Holmes:


Upon leaving school I joined the Public Service in Patents and Copyright until old enough to commence nursing studies at the Canberra Community Hospital. I managed a little mischief by climbing fire escapes and clambering in through open windows in ball gowns or joining others standing under the fire sprinkler with a candle!  Some of us managed to gain extra late nights out by slipping past the doorman or staying out all night until the doors opened in the morning. We were the first group to have the four year course reduced to 46 months which over time became three years. Following graduation in1967 I married Rod and moved to Hobart where I trained as a midwife (1968) before deciding to start our family with a son in 1969.

Shortly after Stephen was born we moved to Brisbane where I commenced work at the Royal Brisbane Women’s hospital until the birth of our daughter Michelle. I worked in many private and public Queensland hospitals until spending the majority of my career as a Director of Nursing.

Along the way I managed to accumulate a Diploma in Nursing Administration Brisbane 1976, Bachelor of Business QIT Brisbane 1983 (majoring in Health Administration) and a Masters in Health Administration. Sydney 1992. Strange considering that whilst at TPHS I never envisaged attending University! So now as a retiree I have enrolled for Spanish classes at U3A.

Stephen has a family and settled into a career as a submariner, travelling places I will never see, whilst Michelle has moved from the tourist industry to studying Accounting.

Rod and I have managed to be bitten by the travel bug travelling to Fiji, New Zealand, Singapore and many places in Europe.  We thoroughly enjoyed our last trip through Italy, Sicily, Greece and the Greek Islands.


Well, this is the last BIO we have, so the large number of you out there who have been reading the 23 BIOs in this BLOG with great interest and haven't amazed us with your story, and stunned us with your photo, get to it, we all are waiting.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment