Thursday 1 December 2011

Our fellow students are an interesting lot!

This BIO posting is from Jill Moore Kashima:


I live a quiet life in the country. We have a biodiversity stewardship over our property, & I run a soil health forum as a volunteer under Landcare, focusing on the nexus between soil health & human health. Believe it or not, matters agricultural have been an underlying theme in my life - in fourth year at TPHS Adrienne Berry, Susan Miller & I fought tooth & nail to be the first girls permitted to study Ag. (We won, but the course & teacher were a great letdown.) Then years later, I dropped out of a Ph.D in medieval poetry to go farming.



Keep checking the BLOG for new BIO postings to come.


2 comments:

  1. This Reunion business is proving to be quite something. Creating slow entry to wear down those of us with somewhat bitter memories of school, is an act of genius by the organisers - reading the very human, often surprising and touching lives of those who've bitten the bullet & posted has softened me up. So have now decided to attend in March, after an initial "No Way!" response.

    Just a couple more comments: Keith Rory Barnes, I ALWAYS knew you as Keith Rory or Rory, from the day you arrived & enthralled us with your stories about travelling on German autobahns with your family.

    Richard Jessop, you presumably are a confirmed batchelor because you were traumatised by having to fight off girls with sticks. I thought you were pretty hot.

    And Ruth Whitrod, I've always remembered you with special affection and am amazed that your early marriage & entry into the "safe" career of nursing was just the beginning of a very interesting & peripatetic life! I look forward especially to giving you a hug in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pleased you've decided to join us next March! The Canberra ex students are certainly trying every idea to increase the numbers.
    Please let us know your identity!!!!! Send me an email tphs1962@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete