Saturday 24 March 2012

Your thoughts on the reunion .........







What a wonderful weekend, and some very special memories for every one of us. Looking forward to keeping in touch.



Best wishes,
Brian & Sue

I just want to say how much I enjoyed seeing you and renewing my friendship with so many people I knew and had lost touch with. All the events went remarkably smoothly due to an amazing level of organization. I know a number of people contributed to the organization, but I was particularly impressed at how you handled the possibility of rain by moving everything to your house for the barbecue. You seemed to have thought of everything and even managed to have a good time in the process, which I know is not easy when you have to anticipate the next thing to be done. The whole experience created an amazing feeling of camaraderie and shared connections. 
I hope we can keep in touch and I look forward to the possibility that there will eventually be a follow-up event.
The photos were great. 
Best regards,
Barbara

What a weekend - a few confessions came out after so many years, including one of my own with respect to Helen Moebus. (now that should get someone's attention) - My big surprise was that Ida was only a few small farms away and within binocular distance except for the trees........
The reunion as it turned out was inclusive of quite a few "end" years, Transition, Intermediate certificate and Leaving and that to me was special and reflects our times.
Etienne

Before I depart for Sydney at end of this week to look after 4 young grandchildren I just want to say how much I enjoyed catching up with you again after all these years. The girl with the thick blond plait was still there. The whole three days were truly enjoyable for me. Our photos looked like an Aged Conference and I loved looking at every single one of them.  Where have all our years gone. Now that is definitely an old lady speaking. I probably won't get to Canberra too often anymore now that my Mother is here in Melbourne but maybe if I do we could catch up. Thanks again for everything. You now deserve a rest but I am absolutely sure you won't be doing any of that.  
Warm wishes. 
Cheers
Vera


Dear Friends,
Our 50th reunion was a wonderful occasion. many thanks to all of you who worked so hard to pull it off. The organisation, the activities, the food and the company were terrific.
I came home with a great sense of wellbeing, a somewhat different orientation, and a renewed fondness for Canberra.
If we could do that more frequently we could have some wonderful continued conversations.
I am going to write a blog when I figure out how to.
Thanks again for one of the all-time highlights
Wendy


I would like to continue on Wendy's theme. I had the best time seeing you all again and learning of your life's adventures.
It was a real joy to see you all well and happy at our age and doing such interesting things.
Thank you Sue and the TPHS organising committee. I was amazed at how much work you all did to enable us to greet each other again. It was so much fun and a real delight to see you all after 50 years and I look forward to our next meeting in the not so distant future
My very best wishes to everybody
Helen Andrew



What a Reunion!!! It exceeded all my expectations and I have spent all morning trying to get my head around the right words to congratulate you and the other committee members on a truly wonderful weekend with the Class of '62. You took care of every detail to ensure that we experienced the best reunion possible. By Sunday morning 50 years had been erased and we were again those young people even though we may have looked different (just a little) on the outside!. You made this possible and I am sure I am not the only one who feels uplifted by the occasion. 
Rob did a wonderful job as MC and if it weren't for the Press Club eviction rules we would have been there a lot longer! 
You did Telopea proud and a truly memorable reunion it was from start to finish. Our memories of Telopea now have another chapter filled with much laughter and sentiment. 
Cheers to you all and take time out to celebrate those months of planning. 
Sincerely 
Marg Knight (Davies) 

thanks for the wonderful photos 
love to you all 
Adrienne 
Dear Committee members, 
Thanks for that, the photos are very impressive. Also thanks for all the take home pieces of memorabilia. 
All the best. 
Regards 
Christina and Andy Rowe 
Can I add my thanks to you and the committee for all the work that you put into the weekend's activities. It was an outstanding success, largely due to your efforts. It was great to meet people again for the 1st time in 50 years. Thanks again for arranging it all. 
Jim McIntyre




1 comment:

  1. I am one of the 1963-1968 cohort (see www.telopea68.org) and I have just discovered your blog. I have enjoyed looking through your profiles/bios and can see you got as much out of your reunion as we enjoyed ours in 2011. I have also been entertained by those of you who recalled memories of those early days. I was a Yarralumla girl (Elizabeth Martin) and I have just returned to Canberra after nearly 40 years - oddly enough now working at No 3 Sydney Avenue!! the paddock across the road from school. A number of your names are familiar, partly because I had an older sister Caroline (in the 1961-65 cohort) but also because I have been blessed with a good memory. I am in the process of writing a piece on Growing up in Yarralumla in the 1950s (and beyond) and would love to hear from any of you who have particularly 'Yarralumla' memories (or of the outlying areas). If you would like to contact me my email address is lizziehow@gmail.com. I look forward to making any connections. Many thanks, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete