Monday 12 March 2012

The reunion is getting pretty close now and excitement is building, but that does not stop the BIO writers.

Her is one from Pam Hill (now Taylor):



Hi to everyone – I am sorry I am unable to attend the reunion – but I hope that you all have a great time catching up with one another.  It sounds like it will be great fun.

It has been great to read some of your bio’s and catch up with what you have been doing.

I attended Telopea from Kindergarten (Mrs Woods and the big wooden rocking horse I do remember) to the Leaving certificate and I have many fond memories of my time at school. I still have some memorabilia including 2 dresses worn to the 4th and 5th year farewell – (an apricot satin number and a mauve net with a silver thread through it) – very interesting after 50 years!

After school I studied at the Tech College and then worked as a Steno-Sec at the Attorney-General’s Department, where I was bonded for 3 years.

After marrying Col, we moved to Sydney where I worked for a short time for Hoover, before having our first son, Andrew, followed by a second son Campbell.   We then moved to Bega for Col’s work and bought a small farmlet at Brogo where we have lived for the past 40 years.   In Bega we had identical twin girls to complete the family.   We have thoroughly enjoyed raising our family and living in Bega.  I worked for a number of years at the Rural Lands Protection Board in Bega.

It has been a privileged place to live and we have enjoyed being involved with our church, and such pursuits as tennis, squash, sailing, rural youth, Brogo Hall committee, and of recent years, the Southern District Exhibit at the Sydney Show.   Col’s hobby of growing tall bearded iris – has taken us each year to the Moruya markets to sell plants during the flowering period. 

We enjoyed a trip overseas in 2006 visiting Thailand, Europe and the UK. The rest of the time we enjoy catching up with our children and grandchildren – Campbell and boys in Moruya – Andrew and Michelle and family (a minister at Gungahlin Anglican Church) in Canberra.  Kirsty and Ari and family (St Judes Anglican Church, Carlton Victoria (Liz, I could have popped into La Mama Theatre to see you!) but now moved to Croydon in Sydney. Fiona and Phil and family (Minister at Campbelltown Baptist) and living at Raby NSW and my mum and dad (who have just celebrated 70 years of marriage) who still live in the same house in Canberra that I grew up in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment