Thursday 19 January 2012


This is great, we have another BIO!

This one is from James McIntyre:




After leaving school, I started Law at Sydney University, living at St Andrews College in the university. After the 4-year course I graduated, but during the course I was called up in the 2nd national service ballot. My service was deferred until May of 1968, by which time I had been admitted as a solicitor in NSW. I was offered a short service commission (5 years) as a legal officer, which I accepted, as it beat working as a barman in the sergeant’s mess hands down!

I then served in Northern Australia, South Vietnam (for a year at the HQ of the Australian Task Force south east of Saigon), after which I was posted to Singapore for 3 years. I was then to be posted to Canberra, but I thought that enough was enough, so I resigned my commission and returned to Sydney to be admitted to the NSW bar, where I have practised ever since. I currently live on a farm in the NSW southern highlands that I bought about 30 years ago.

Work at the bar has been mainly in the field of personal injury and asbestos litigation. I also spent 1 year briefed to appear for the Australian Government in the Nuclear Tests Royal Commission in the early 1980’s. Over the last few years, I have been scaling back my work, as I am developing some commercial interests (retailing fishing tackle and ships chandlery, and running the town marina) in the township of Franklin in the Huon Valley in South East Tasmania. In fact I am currently in the process of moving into a house I have bought in the village of Franklin, and will alternate between there and the southern highlands.

Unlike most of you, I have remained single. The right person just didn’t come around! This does make however for a deal more of disposable income…

Looking forward to meeting you all again soon.



We still have time for us to post your BIO so send them in!


No comments:

Post a Comment